Christopher J. Deddens
- Radio producer editor
- Internet radio station owner
- Multi-faceted voice talent
- Traffic reporter/radio DJ
- Time managment
- computer savvy
Love & Compassion Internet Radio
Owner/Founder Carmel, Indiana 05/2009-present
Composed a website that show cases my career in radio along with music samples from radio stations around the United States. Featured also highlights from the Branson Gospel Groove talk show. Some talk segments, however, are personalized show prep material evolving around social media, the internet, and artist information.
- Produced award-winning Branson Gospel Groove with listenership over 54,000 with stations wanting to air the show.
- Pick up 350 to 500 new listeners per month on average.
- Highlight the music ministry of Heart To Heart, known today, as one of the top independent Gospel groups with Dove and Grammy nominations and recipients of other awards also.
- Promote the "music profile" of those guests who appeared on The Branson Gospel Groove.
The Wake Up Morning show Franklinville, NJ 10/2020 - 12/03/2020
WPOP Internet Radio
Please note: Although I was contracted to get paid, I never did. Because of this, I resigned 12- 03-2020
As Morning radio personality, my cohosts and I created a full time, informative, and entertaining radio show that reflects the nostalgic memories listeners can enjoy while listening to the Super Hits of the '60's, 70's, and 80's. I was also involved with area remotes along with visiting area businesses trying to generate sales leads.
• Familiarity with audio console needed for on-air broadcasting
• Preparing an informative, entertaining & nostalgic radio morning show that attracts listeners
• Knowledgeable about the music of the ‘60’s, ‘70’s, and ‘80’s
• Relevant current events for interesting conversation with fellow cohosts that listeners would find relatable
Assistant Production Director Indianapolis, Indiana 07/2018-2019
Catholic Radio Indy
Scheduled and produced local and national programs into the weekday and weekend program logs after
downloading from the Internet. Other duties include audio console operation of these programs along
with necessary editing. Record commercials for area churches and underwriting businesses.
- Listeners grew in their Catholic faith with Biblically-based Catholic programming.
- Adobe Audition proficiency in editing, recording programs, and commercials.
- Knowledgeable in Podcast downloading, editing, and recording.
Volunteer TV Production Team Carmel, Indiana 12/2017-7/2018
Operated TV shader camera in order to bring the highest quality video for church congregants to enjoy
on the jumbo TV monitors.
- Supported the behind-the-scenes assembling of the church telecast.
- Worked with a dynamic evangelistic TV production team.
- Provided an outlet for personal faith strengthening.
Staff Announcer Branson, MO 10/2009-01/2012
Branson Radio Live
Prepared a written script identifying shows guests/bios and sponsors
- Assisted in the behind-the-scenes production of the show.
- Highlighted internationally-recognized Branson entertainers further strenghening their popularity.
- Artists include the likes of Chubby Checker and Tony Orlando.
- Facilitated opportunities for lesser-known area talent to have some notoriety.
Staff Announcer/PSA Director Blue Earth, MN 10/2002-3/2009
Minnesota-Iowa Christian Broadcasting
Developed a full time 4-8pm Contemporary Christian music show that included some board
operation during network programming. Wrote and produced commercials/PSA for non-profit
organizations that advertised on KJLY.
- Obtained proficiency in multi-track recording and audio board operation
- Established community relationships with non-profit organizations.
- Implemented music selection, radio DJ, and production skills.
- wrote, recorded, and produced spots for area non-profit organizations
Part Time Staff Announcer Lexington, KY 08/2001-10/2002
Programmed 3 hour Soft Rock music show that included show prep material generated from social media,
the Internet, and artist information.
- Engineered music selection and radio DJ.
- Displayed skills as an audio board operator.
- Demonstrated computer savviness.
Part Time Reporter Lexington, KY 08/2001-10/2002
Compiled informative traffic information for safe driving around the Lexington area.
- Operated audio board
- Utilized Internet and computer
- Assembled valuable traffic information
Full Time Announcer Brookhaven, PA 03/1995-07/2001
Recorded and edited computer and satellite programming in addition to writing and producing station promos
and commercial copy for clients.
- Facilitated audio board operation.
- Exhibited computer skills.
- Supplied written and recorded information helpful to the listener and clients.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Brown Institute Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Jones College Jacksonville, Florida